Skip to main content

I'm Not Surprised


I'm Not Surprised

I'm bored the stillness
Do a Cato on me
Wake up my sleeping curiosity
Push me into a run
Make me have to question my routines
My talent is wasting away
On hunger strike till the day starts to wink at me again
Life is boring when it's too tame.

Acting is tiring
Where did excitement go?
The sum of today tells me to stand up tall
I need the hand of fate to slap me awake
I'm a genius bored by the mundane
Jump out of the shadows
Give me problems and puzzles and more setbacks
I'm not surprised
I can dream no more
Jump down from the trees
Breaking all the branches
Shout out for my attention
When I'm lost, in the fog dead ends
Boo, Applaud, Throw me an unexpected compliment
Surprise my second guess, my third, my fourth..
I know the beginning, The middle, the ending
Everyday is a slow death
Are you surprised, I'm not surprised anymore
Every taste blends into the same
Don't feel the highs, Never drop down to the lows
Ambush my senses
Catch me off guard
Catch me off balance
Catch me half in a breath
Do a Cato on me
Day after day holds no surprises
Tired yawns worn down by life
Are you surprised that I am not surprised anymore?

V Topp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lonely Man

The Lonely Man The sweetest taste, is bitter now My purest thoughts are poisoned through The ghost of fate, keeps mocking me From every scar I've earned, in every drink I've drowned I've felt the joy of the thing called sin I've stole and bought but never received I've had my fill, my spilling cup But now I'm empty, a shell of fear and doubt. Stand not so tall now, my voice breaks up I never believed the pace would slow Now I feel the cold and I count the suns The man who wears the guilty coat should realise, That life will have the last laugh You won't outrun your lies. And now I feel what silence means, In all its taunting Looking to the heaven I don't believe is there for me anymore I always was the bad tooth in a smile But who I was isn't who I've become. Every morning I stand in front of an unforgiving mirror Life has the last laugh, Life has the last laugh. V Topp https://www.amazon.co...

Fractured

Fractured Nobody tells you how it really is That you can't trust anyone but yourself Manipulation is decriminalised Envy is the ultimate control Life is a failure If you try to stay in light Life is a failure If your words don't back up your hide Holding out a hand for help Puckering your lips for a kiss The rumbling thunder of discontent Life is to be worshipped Life is to be cherished The hardest thing is to be good The hardest thing is to stay good at heart Is to wish everyone else well As they fracture your sense of calm Your thoughts of well being Safety is within Safety is from within Life is being at one At one with the living world we share It's alive, more alive than yourself In this short time experience we're here. V Topp https://www.amazon.co.uk/Drinking-Sane-Water-Vincent-Topp-ebook/dp/B01NBX7TS9/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid

The Forest

Every little red riding hood Walks into the forest unprepared Who would expect the wolf When your heart is the unstained innocence. He lurks here in reality, not in legend, not in folklore In the place where innocence is raped, stolen, buried The soil is crying and whimpering if you listen close enough. She knew where she was going But did not feel the eyes of envy on her Didn't notice that for every step forward The forest was spinning on its axis Where she thought she was going was not where she was headed ‘Princess run, run’ She thought she heard the wind whisper to her. Underground mines Mines where the skeleton army are made to work Till the foreman of death is board with torment The restless souls with the cruellest trick played on them The memory and thoughts remain The body’s long since decayed There is no resting place. Six feet beneath the nearest feet of innocence ‘Run Princess Run’ the wind pleads in desperation Too late The ground swallows and the wolf gives the grin o...