Skip to main content

Modern Day Caveman And Cavewoman


Modern Day Caveman And Cavewoman


The flames are laughing, arguing, seductive
The words are whispered, shouted, mimed
Adventure without the risks attached
It's the visual party, the masks hide the real faces
'How was your day?'
'I'll tell you in a minute'
That minute takes a walk, becomes hours.

Images dance in the flames
Without a second thought press the red button now
Human moths hypnotised by the light
Modern day caveman and cavewoman

A mentor
A companion
That never answers you back
Never tells you you're wrong
The ultimate showman of the 21st century
Smoke and mirrors glass and wires
Just one more spoonful of perfection
Just one more spoonful of faked sincerity
Surrogate lives adopted
The prison of ambition
Claims another victim
Modern day caveman and cavewoman.

V Topp


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lonely Man

The Lonely Man The sweetest taste, is bitter now My purest thoughts are poisoned through The ghost of fate, keeps mocking me From every scar I've earned, in every drink I've drowned I've felt the joy of the thing called sin I've stole and bought but never received I've had my fill, my spilling cup But now I'm empty, a shell of fear and doubt. Stand not so tall now, my voice breaks up I never believed the pace would slow Now I feel the cold and I count the suns The man who wears the guilty coat should realise, That life will have the last laugh You won't outrun your lies. And now I feel what silence means, In all its taunting Looking to the heaven I don't believe is there for me anymore I always was the bad tooth in a smile But who I was isn't who I've become. Every morning I stand in front of an unforgiving mirror Life has the last laugh, Life has the last laugh. V Topp https://www.amazon.co...

Fractured

Fractured Nobody tells you how it really is That you can't trust anyone but yourself Manipulation is decriminalised Envy is the ultimate control Life is a failure If you try to stay in light Life is a failure If your words don't back up your hide Holding out a hand for help Puckering your lips for a kiss The rumbling thunder of discontent Life is to be worshipped Life is to be cherished The hardest thing is to be good The hardest thing is to stay good at heart Is to wish everyone else well As they fracture your sense of calm Your thoughts of well being Safety is within Safety is from within Life is being at one At one with the living world we share It's alive, more alive than yourself In this short time experience we're here. V Topp https://www.amazon.co.uk/Drinking-Sane-Water-Vincent-Topp-ebook/dp/B01NBX7TS9/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid

It's Apocalypse Day Again

It's Apocalypse Day Again I hear the ghosts have been spooked They have left the ghost towns without I hear death isn’t looking too good They say he’s standing on his last good leg I will lie down and wait It’s apocalypse day again. I can’t see Frank’s final curtain The fat lady isn’t singing yet The tree of life is still healthy and not shivering down to a root But it’s apocalypse day today, its apocalypse day again. Will it be like my recurring dream? Just me, the ghost of Lemmy and a family of cockroaches. V Topp (Published in  https://twitter.com/TheRuntZine issue 11)