Skip to main content

Wonder Of Life

Wonder Of Life


He was obsessed with life
Human and not
The skeletons beneath the skins
The make up the dna of life.
Why there is life
The power of love
Does a God exist?
Is hate inbred?
The different songs of birds.
A finger searches out his pulse
A second or two after opening his eyes
It never wears off with him, the wonder of life
A measure of his hobby which has become an obsession
No relationship he's had, has lasted.
People try to run his quest down
But the sceptics, the cynics don't register with him
Insular
Aloof
Warm
Friendly
All these and more have been used as descriptions of him
But as he spends his days narrating his findings to his
Dictaphone, every minute counts
Every idea/observation is recorded
All though he doesn't observe as much now out in the open
It's all in the mind.
Level wings
Active mind
Own identity -be prepared to demolish it
That's the inscription he hands over his writing desk.

A halt to the strains of life
There's got to be an easier pace to live at
To see the light
A quiet room shut off from the noisy world
A quiet room shut off from the nosy world
To think in, To think clearly is a necessity.

A simplicity rule
If it's plausible
It's recorded

Fabricate, fluke, stumble on truths
All over the world
In every country
There are people like him
It's a mystery,
The wonder of life.

V Topp






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lonely Man

The Lonely Man The sweetest taste, is bitter now My purest thoughts are poisoned through The ghost of fate, keeps mocking me From every scar I've earned, in every drink I've drowned I've felt the joy of the thing called sin I've stole and bought but never received I've had my fill, my spilling cup But now I'm empty, a shell of fear and doubt. Stand not so tall now, my voice breaks up I never believed the pace would slow Now I feel the cold and I count the suns The man who wears the guilty coat should realise, That life will have the last laugh You won't outrun your lies. And now I feel what silence means, In all its taunting Looking to the heaven I don't believe is there for me anymore I always was the bad tooth in a smile But who I was isn't who I've become. Every morning I stand in front of an unforgiving mirror Life has the last laugh, Life has the last laugh. V Topp https://www.amazon.co...

Fractured

Fractured Nobody tells you how it really is That you can't trust anyone but yourself Manipulation is decriminalised Envy is the ultimate control Life is a failure If you try to stay in light Life is a failure If your words don't back up your hide Holding out a hand for help Puckering your lips for a kiss The rumbling thunder of discontent Life is to be worshipped Life is to be cherished The hardest thing is to be good The hardest thing is to stay good at heart Is to wish everyone else well As they fracture your sense of calm Your thoughts of well being Safety is within Safety is from within Life is being at one At one with the living world we share It's alive, more alive than yourself In this short time experience we're here. V Topp https://www.amazon.co.uk/Drinking-Sane-Water-Vincent-Topp-ebook/dp/B01NBX7TS9/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid

It's Apocalypse Day Again

It's Apocalypse Day Again I hear the ghosts have been spooked They have left the ghost towns without I hear death isn’t looking too good They say he’s standing on his last good leg I will lie down and wait It’s apocalypse day again. I can’t see Frank’s final curtain The fat lady isn’t singing yet The tree of life is still healthy and not shivering down to a root But it’s apocalypse day today, its apocalypse day again. Will it be like my recurring dream? Just me, the ghost of Lemmy and a family of cockroaches. V Topp (Published in  https://twitter.com/TheRuntZine issue 11)