Skip to main content

Scattering The Past

Scattering The Past

 
On his birthday he rose an hour earlier than normal
He wanted to beat the early morning rush hour traffic
To a place where he spent a lot of his childhood
Good thoughts, pure fun, good feelings
To a place where he could feel those feelings again.

When he got there he sat in his car for ten minutes or so
Collecting his thoughts hoping for deja-vu
It was there he could feel it, thank god.

It wasn't a suicide trip,
A last look at his favourite places
But he was down as low as you can go
He needed a spark, a sign, a lust to carry on.

This was a service
This was a mass
This was D-day for him
An invisible urn holding all his bad thoughts and memories
Were to be scattered into the air
Scattering the past and starting all over again.

V Topp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lonely Man

The Lonely Man The sweetest taste, is bitter now My purest thoughts are poisoned through The ghost of fate, keeps mocking me From every scar I've earned, in every drink I've drowned I've felt the joy of the thing called sin I've stole and bought but never received I've had my fill, my spilling cup But now I'm empty, a shell of fear and doubt. Stand not so tall now, my voice breaks up I never believed the pace would slow Now I feel the cold and I count the suns The man who wears the guilty coat should realise, That life will have the last laugh You won't outrun your lies. And now I feel what silence means, In all its taunting Looking to the heaven I don't believe is there for me anymore I always was the bad tooth in a smile But who I was isn't who I've become. Every morning I stand in front of an unforgiving mirror Life has the last laugh, Life has the last laugh. V Topp https://www.amazon.co...

Fractured

Fractured Nobody tells you how it really is That you can't trust anyone but yourself Manipulation is decriminalised Envy is the ultimate control Life is a failure If you try to stay in light Life is a failure If your words don't back up your hide Holding out a hand for help Puckering your lips for a kiss The rumbling thunder of discontent Life is to be worshipped Life is to be cherished The hardest thing is to be good The hardest thing is to stay good at heart Is to wish everyone else well As they fracture your sense of calm Your thoughts of well being Safety is within Safety is from within Life is being at one At one with the living world we share It's alive, more alive than yourself In this short time experience we're here. V Topp https://www.amazon.co.uk/Drinking-Sane-Water-Vincent-Topp-ebook/dp/B01NBX7TS9/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid

It's Apocalypse Day Again

It's Apocalypse Day Again I hear the ghosts have been spooked They have left the ghost towns without I hear death isn’t looking too good They say he’s standing on his last good leg I will lie down and wait It’s apocalypse day again. I can’t see Frank’s final curtain The fat lady isn’t singing yet The tree of life is still healthy and not shivering down to a root But it’s apocalypse day today, its apocalypse day again. Will it be like my recurring dream? Just me, the ghost of Lemmy and a family of cockroaches. V Topp (Published in  https://twitter.com/TheRuntZine issue 11)